United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Good Questions

I'm in the same boat. Not ready to replace yet, but curious what the best options are. I am also running stock rims and also have the H&R springs on my car. Also, like you, I'm looking for a good 'spirited' street setup.

I have also done some searching and I'm sure this has been discussed already, but things are often 'hidden' in threads that are off topic and don't come up well in searches.

I would like to consider some small spacers to get more of a flush look. Somewhere around 10mm? But I am curious about this on 2 fronts...
What width tires are best on the stock rims for a lowered car (knowing that each manufacturer will vary slightly)? And then once that is figured out, what width (if any) spacers will work?

I did find some good info in this thread for the spacers on a lowered car question, but doesn't really address the wider tire question at the same time:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=564848&page=3

Concerning the stagger...I've read that running more stagger (like the +30 that you mention) will reduce oversteer and encourage understeer...which makes sense. And as is known that our cars are rather 'tail-happy' that might be a good thing. I guess it comes down to preference? It makes sense to reason that going too far out of the OE stagger will have some bad effects on handling (like you mention >30 being bad...too much understeer) but in my searching it also seems that people who track a lot (with aftermarket wheels) like to go for a square setup. Better all around grip for auto-x?

I think I will likely be going with PSS when the time comes, but just curious what the best size is?