First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Smart move is the safety car setup, I used to run h&r springs and that setup was perfect with no rubbing and the extra tire was a big improvement at near stock power levels. Otherwise option three if you're running high boost(e85, meth or bigger turbos) as once running strong you can use all the tire you can get under there, I run 305's currently.

With 275/30's in the front you'll rub in a decent amount of situations near steering lock(of course with camber plates or other mods they'll fit but that doesn't seem the case here) and 265 was adequate grip in the front to balance well with bigger rear tires especially if you've got more power.
Thanks Spencer ... I am having a heck of a time sourcing the PSS in 285/30/19 for the rear ....

I may end up having to go either 275/30 on the rear or 295/30 ..... I just don't have the knowledge to understand the impact of going 40mm (255 to 295) versus factory 20mm (245 to 265) stagger. I was ok with the 30mm with the 255 to 285 and can't imagine another 10mm making a big difference.

As an aside ... Saw new m4 at dealer yesterday and it had 255 to 275's on it.
Stock power levels Id think 255/275 is your best bet if you're struggling to source 285's. I've run lots of setups, 265/30 and 285/30, 265/30 295/30, 255/35 295/30, and I am currently running a rather less than ideal in some ways 255/35 - 305/30 stagger that isn't that bad honestly. I don't drive my car as hard or aptly as neil Im sure but I put down very respectable lap times for a middle of the pack intermediate class driver. I love turbos and big boost, but don't like to get the tail to loose unless I mean to, which this setup seems to work relatively well for. I pulled the trigger on the huge rears because of favorably priced rear tires, $223 for 305/30 hankook rs3's and I was having a hard time finding pss's in 285 lol, figured I'd see what it was like to put down as much power as a fbo car can on e85 effectively for a few thousand miles, on the street I don't feel that crazy of a difference in the rs3's but on the track they're wonderful, they last without overheating and just grip, I can get on the power much earlier, I can get the tail out of I want with no problem at all, I actually love the feel of the giant stagger with the power i run but at near stock it'd be crazy overkill.

So my point, are you running any power mods? That may play some role in the decision but Id say 255-275 is the stagger to go with, probably always the right choice to keep tire weight down and the stagger similar to stick, but if you're running an aggressive tune and making big power, flip a coin, you'll be happy with either.