View Single Post
      06-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #147
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
If you want value, buy twins of some sort. If you want twins that wont break in a hurry you need NOZ ball bearing turbos from JD75. Game changer with response, power and longevity.

The GCs, actually Zage turbos, are journal bearing and will still suffer from reliability issues despite making some good power. And fitting them to RHD is a bitch as Greg has discovered with his car. How long they last is luck and how far you are pushing them....just like any other journal bearing turbo offer. RBs make power, so do Pure, VTTs and others...but they all are designed to a price.
Just to clarify a few comments made by Mad Mike (lol), the current v1 dual ball bearing CHRA turbos are not going to offer earth shattering dyno results, they do however offer excellent spool speed/transient response and come with my "Premium" no brainer warranty which means should there by a reliability problem in the first 12 months of ownership I pay for the repairs not the customer.

For those guys that want power, reliability and superb after sales support the larger v2 BB CHRA will allow us to use bigger wheel sets combined with the much sought after Zage front and rear cast housings. These turbos ain't gonna' be cheap but they will offer the best of both worlds and should be the most rwkW capable twin turbo hybrid on the market with reliability to match. I will have a set of these NOZ Stage 3 BB turbos in hand very soon and will update my other product threads accordingly.

Thanks,

JD.
Appreciate 0