View Single Post
      06-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #52
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Quote:
i was just a little off to the left in my M coupe and tried to correct back...was not pretty but i did not hit anything.
You just described a nightmare of mine! I once was racing in a 90 minute enduro at Road Atlanta and got a little too relaxed and put 2 tires off at the outside of 12 (wide open throttle). It woke me up quickly. That turn has claimed many cars and they don't usually leave with just an off into the grass. Count yourself lucky. You got to learn a lesson without any cost.

Quote:
May also bring it to Barber later in the year for the CCA Oktoberfest.
I'll be racing so look me up. This will be a big weekend. If you like southern food I know a killer restaurant 15 miles from the track that is nearly impossible to find without know it already. I'm sure we will be getting some folks together for a feast. Best jumbalaya and gator tail I've ever had!

Quote:
What were your coolant and iat temps?
I can't remember exactly but I did look at temps on my Rev app twice during the day. Of course I couldn't really look at them on track but when I checked them in the paddock 5 minutes after coming in (with a typical cool down lap at the end of the session) they were a little higher than normal but within 10-15 degrees.

A lot of people left after the 2nd session. I saw at least 5 cars leave and not come back. Everyone I spoke with said their cars were running very hot and that was in the morning. The 1M stayed for 4 sessions and handled it quite well in my opinion.