Thread: Tit-Wagon
View Single Post
      07-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
Tit
Australia
Rep
Drives: 964C2 // 1M // R56JCW

Tit-Wagon

So - I've been lurking around here a little bit - but was rude and didn't introduce myself!

So...allow myself to introduce..um..myself...

I've come from Minis - and I noticed a few guys floating around here that are familiar from the old mini boards...hi 2Bob, Guran and Lima!

Here's my last car (gone now)

Also have the missus' R50 in the driveway, as well as an 09 JCW....which is a crackin' drive!

Now...I gotta tell you, my 1'er experience hasn't started well...

Once my local sales guy told me I'd have to wait another six-eight weeks extra for the 123d I ordered in late Feb - until the end of August - I decided enough was enough. I started the hunt for the car I actually wanted - a second hand 135i...

....and I found one - in Coffs Harbour. 04/09 Monaco Blue, 6MT, Pro Nav plus some other bits....

Bellbowrie Motors, the dealership, had it as a trade-in on an A5. They were excellent. They put fresh run-craps on the car and facilitated a third party MTA inspection on top of their own. They even paid for the missus and I to fly up, including a night of accom at the Novotel and an A4 wagon to get around it while we were there! Great customer service! The next day we collected the baby bimmer, along with a complimentary bottle of shiraz and headed South to Sydney...

The missus driving the new(ish) rocket...

Well...why hasn't this started well?

The next day in Manly...long crank on start-up....check engine light...significant loss of power.....

The car is still under warranty, so BMW roadside had it towed to the nearest dealer.....I was given a hire-car....and returned home, sans bimmer....

Anyway...the symptoms are consistent with high-pressure fuel-pump failure.

I know it's almost a certain thing to fail, but come-on!! Just AFTER ONLY ONE DAY OF OWNING IT?!?! #@$#@($#*$(#@*(@@(!!!!!!

Anyway...hi everyone...