12-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkat View Post
I have recently had 2 horrible dealer experiences that I would like to share with the forum. (different dealers for each service)

1st dealer experience - I needed the airbag recall performed. I decided it was a good time to change the fluids coolant, brake, power steering, rear diff.
When I picked up the car the oil warning lamp came on. I had changed to oil less than 500 miles before! & checked the level before I brought it in and was almost at the full line I had reset the trip odometer to see how many miles would be put on the car after I picked it up. Whoever thrashed my car reset it to 0 once again. From now on, I will always take a picture of the odometer reading if I ever dare to go back to a dealer. Service adviser seemed mortified and went to the parts dept. & handed me 2 quarts of oil gratis. I vowed, never again to this dealer.

2nd dealer experience - Received 20% off service coupon via email. Since I had an ABS failure, It was a good opportunity to have it done on black Friday since I was off from work. Also decided it was a good time to change the battery.
Called on Monday for Friday appointment. Told them I wanted an AGM battery since original was lead acid. Friday afternoon adviser calls and says the battery is not stock and needs to be ordered. I said, I told you Monday I needed the battery, I would have paid for it in advance if that was needed to order it. Is part #61-21-2-353-811 AGM? I don't trust these guys at all. He told me not to worry, as all M cars are stored indoors until picked up by owner. Today, 8 DAYS LATER I picked up my car. Completely filthy & bird droppings. When I saw the bill I flipped out. They charged me $185.00 (less 20%) for a diagnostic 2 TIMES! one for each error code! Also charged me $216.00 for pulse sensor 34-52-6-870-077 When onlinebmw shop.com says LIST price is $150.47. So, even after the discount, paid more than list for a part?? Advisor knocked some more $$ off invoice. I still feel that is was screwed. So discouraged/disappointed in dealer experience. I think it is time to find a reputable independent shop.
please tell me you didn't go to a dealership in brooklyn or manhattan.

it's a total NO NO.

message me with where you live....