View Single Post
      08-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni8284 View Post
What a perfect timing. I just came back from watkins glen. and after session 3 the last 5 mins, My steering wheel is shaking. session 4 got worst.

My instructor told me I have a warp rotor. but after reading all the posts, maybe it's the brake deposits.

I am using stock pad with stock rotor and super blue brake fluid.

I already made an appointment on Monday for the service.

Let's see what BMW says...

Do they replaced for free or not?
I had the same issue at my last event. I usually run Carbo XP10's but i was too lazy to switch them out for a one day event so i ran my OEM pads. I got the same steering wheel and brake flutter afterward. I figured it was brake pad build up on the rotors so i didnt worry about. Shortly after the event the computer said time for the brakes to be serviced. I took it in, knowing full well they didnt need anything, and that is exactly what the dealer told me. They said there was no issue and said the computer was set wrong. They reset it and off i went. I had the steering shake and brake flutter for the next couple weeks but it faded with normal driving and has finally gone away. I have multiple track events on the original OEM rotors in texas heat and havent had an issue.

they should replace them free if the computer says its time or if they inspect them and find them below spec.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Meisterschaft, N55 mids, AFE CAI, ER Charge, Wagner IC
Appreciate 0