View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 04:33 PM   #1
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

275/295s on stock 1M wheels?

So I've been putting off the inevitable tire change from the original 7.5k mile PS2s. Mostly out of fear of the dealer messing up the wheels, but also because I wanted to give others an opportunity to play with different tires combinations since I'll likely be living with whatever decision I make for the next 10 years. Unfortunately, the old tires have no grip anymore, so this spring I'll be pulling the trigger.

The car's suspension is bone stock, and I do not use spacers. I'll be installing the revised liners. The replacement tires will be PS4S. I'm seriously contemplating the 275/295 combo to get the extra width while retaining a diameter as close as possible to stock.

I do not want anything to rub.

For those of you who have tried this, or driven a 1M so-equipped, what your impression? Will it definitely rub over bumps and at full lock? Is sidewall flex enough to deter you from making the same decision again (i.e., how bad is steering response and cornering stability affected)? I can't imagine the extra tire weight affects handling and acceleration much, but if so, please share!

I've spent a lot of time researching this only to find conflicting accounts, so any direct feedback would be very much appreciated!
Appreciate 0