View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #7
Thunderguts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMSport View Post
So I am in the process of replacing brakes on my 128i with the factory performance brake kit. I'll save the full details, but front brakes are same as 135i - 6 piston calipers, 2 pc drilled/slotted rotors, and pads. Rears are standard 300 mm x 20 mm, 128i rotors, calipers are larger piston, 328xi pieces (may be same as 328i?), and I have pads for 328i/xi which have multiple applications. I'm using Stop Tech drilled rotors on the rear, made specifically for ECS Tuning, same as the front 2 pc drilled/slotted rotors, and Red Stuff pads. So far, only fronts are done (one of the rear rotors was back ordered). Very pleased with brake bite and feel, have not done any bedding (will wait for rears and do it once) yet. Too early to determine the amount of dust.
What are you using to code the performance brakes? Can they be done with Carly or Protool? I seem to remember someone saying that Protool has that option. I wonder what the coding even does. I would guess it either adjusts bias to account for the larger front calipers or adjusts the E-diff to account for the very slight change in the rear calipers.
Appreciate 0