View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #96
JPuehl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
that last log looks a little better. your avg ign is still in the threes though the entire pull.

Your boost target drops to 16psi at 5922 rpm for some reason, and then the next datapoint which is 2 seconds later actual boost drops, I am guessing because it is reacting to the lower target. What is weird is that next data point after 5922 rpm, which is two seconds later per the time stamp, says the rpm is 5892. How does RPM drop by 30 after two seconds? I just don't trust the JB4 to be honest. I know you are tired of hearing the same thing, but I cant help it. TWO seconds between logging points?!

I would pull the jb4, get the MHD logging capability, and see how she is running on stock boost. Or, if you can, load up the free ppk flash via winkfp that is on N54tech.
Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned I do plan to get a real tune but don't have an unlimited budget and need to do things as the funds are available. I have the JB4 so, while it may not be the best, it's what I have to work with for now.

Not defending the JB4, but here are my responses to you points.

I read or was told that the "timestamp" value is an arbitrary number used to sort of order the events and doesn't represent an actual unit of time. If you look at the log, when I started the pull at 2979 rpm the timestamp is 9, at the end of the pull at 6793 rpm, the timestamp is 66.25. There's no way my car is so slow that it took almost 60 seconds in 3rd gear to go from 3k to 7k rpm. I could probably run faster in that amount of time for the distance covered, lol.

Concerning the rpm drop from 5922 to 5892 then back up to 6114, if you look at the pedal I lifted momentarily. The "Pedal" column shows this as does the boost, target, timing, etc., but oddly enough the "throttle" column doesn't reflect this. I believe I dodged a wet spot in the pavement as it had rained before I did my pulls.

If you look at the avg_ign it started at 3.2 and ended at 2.7, meaning there were no corrections during the pull. This log was the 4th of 4 pulls after making an adjustment to the duty-bias and during the 1st 2 pulls the JB4 was "learning" and it ran like poop. The timing corrections occurred during those pulls. I should have closed and restarted the JB4 app before making the 4th pull as the avg-ign value would have reset to 0.

The trims look good, afrs look good post spool however I'd to see more boost from 3700 to 5400, if I can hit 17 at 5500+ I should be able to at the lower rpms as well.

When I get the time I'll find an OTC flash like you mentioned and disconnect the JB4 and see how it runs. I'd like to find an "unlocked" flash so I can "play" with it until I get a real tune.

1Mpostr

Last edited by JPuehl; 02-19-2020 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0