Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iMsportCoupe View Post
Seems to me that people are missing some of the most important Msport package features.

* The 18" wheels are "staggered" widths. The rears are 1/2" wider.
* The ride height is lowered 10mm from standard
* The RF fascia air intake feeds an engine oil cooler, which vents into the RF wheel well.

You won't find the oil cooler info anywhere, except as an aftermarket "accessory". It may no longer be a component of any Msport package. I've tried to determine whether the oil cooler is or not because I'm considering a new 535i with the Msport option; but if the cooler isn't there, I may not want the Msport option at all. I want to run a hotter engine map and the cooling is key.
The OP is pretty old, but it's specifically about the differences between the "Sport" and "M-Sport" packages on the E82/E88 1 Series. The packages shared an identical suspension. Both also had staggered wheels of the same size, but different styles (I think all 1ers were sold with staggered wheels?).

The difference between the two packages are cosmetic, as established earlier in the thread (wheel style, anthracite headliner, body kit on the 128i, and numerous M trim pieces).