View Single Post
      01-24-2017, 07:51 PM   #79
crowtrobot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLizard View Post
Watkins Glen is a pretty fast track, and can be pretty tough on brakes.

Personally, I would prefer a more track oriented pad, a high temp fluid (which you have), and improved cooling.
MightyMouseTech Agreed - I was pretty disappointed with the HPS. There was a car & driver blog about track performance for HPS, HP+ and EBC Yellowstuffs, and I more or less came to the same conclusion as the review - the HPS were fine fine fine until they weren't. I backed off the HP+ because of complaints of squeaking/dust, but I think I've settled with the idea of changing pads/rotors for the event anyway, so I'll run something more aggressive this year.

BlackLizard Re: cooling - is there an option besides going to a different bumper/135 air ducting? I'd rather not be cutting up parts to run my own ducting if I can avoid it. Bumper kit unpainted is $1200 + freight on Tischer, plus liners plus ducts - seems like a lot of expense to me for gains that aren't immediately clear performance-wise (some cool air vs. no cool air is quite clear, haha). My hope with the bigger brakes/dedicated pads is more bite, less time on the brakes, and more heat sinking with the larger rotor, so hopefully the integrated heatload inside the wheel well isn't so bad. Not arguing mind you, just my thoughts. Appreciate the feedback, thanks! Do you visit Watkins often? I'll be there in April for the local BMWCCA chapter's DE.

Last edited by crowtrobot; 01-24-2017 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0