View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
-nexus-
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 Competition

Exactly half of windscreen fogging up

Recently, my RHD 2010 135i N55 coupe has had the driver's side of the windscreen fog up almost during every drive. It's exactly the driver's half of the windscreen, the passenger side is unaffected. Using the windscreen de-fog button will clear the fog away but when I stop using it, it fogs back up again.

I have also noticed that occasionally the driver's face vents (vent to the right of the steering wheel, and the right-side centre vent) will emit a visible fog/mist when the fan is on a higher setting. The fog disappears almost immediately, is odourless, and the air conditioning temperature is fine and working as set. Again, this does not occur from the passenger side.

I always have the air conditioning set to auto on the lowest setting, anywhere between 20-24 degrees. The recirculate setting is also set to auto.

I am stumped as to what could be causing this. Internet searching suggests it could be a blocked A/C drain hose, but I read the transmission needs to be removed to get at it, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

See below photo of the fogging issue.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0