10-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #43
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Yes, he's done all the work for you, but the premis and backbone of his SSTT device
In the interest of providing accurate information:
- Split Second Turbo Tuner (SSTT) has nothing to do with Terry Burger. It's a separate product, that does similar things, but looks different and mounts directly in-line with the TMAP sensor.
- Terry's product was called initially, half in jest, Terry Tuner. Now it's known as JuiceBox, Stages 1 and 2.
- According to the manufacturer, Stage 1 (boost controller) is a simple passive device, not unlike the resistor network shown in these pics. But Stage 2 is an active device (using active electronic parts in addition to resistors) and probably looks very different inside.

Me, I don't care what it looks like. I'm running Stage 1 - the glorified resistor box - and I'm having a hoot. I like the simplicity of the thing, the fact that it won't break, require frequent SW uploads and the fact that I paid just $99 for it.

Did I overpay in comparison to the cost of the components? Absolutely, by some $90. When you buy a Procede, you overpay some $500-650 over the cost of the hardware. But it matters not one bit - in both cases, you are paying for the R&D effort (including the packaging effort).

(BTW, I almost bought the $69 eBay concoction but by then JB S1 was ready, and it looks a little more elegant).

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0