View Single Post
      06-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #34
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Their tech said my car has the dread "long cranking." I had no idea. Fires up as readily as my wife's Pathfinder or F-i-L's ES350, every time. Also registered some cold-start misfires.

They kept the car an extra day to confirm Cold Start Low Pressure on their watch. I told them that twice this year I gunned it quickly before shutdown, and when I fired it up next time it did the no-boost thing. Not sure if they tried that, but the next time they fired it up they got the error. Replaced HPFP.
They wanted to keep it Friday to confirm the repair, but I'm sure how they could be sure since it took them a few days to diagnose the problem to begin with. They're not open over the weekend, and I really need a car this afternoon and tomorrow AM.

All I've done so far is drive it home 15 miles from the shop Thursday night. Started before I even got my finger off the button, so, I guess I need to realign my expectations there.
Delayed-reaction tach didn't register anything amiss, but I thought I felt a couple misses during cold start. Drove fine. Boost didn't feel appreciably stronger than normal, and the first time I got into the boost I felt a hint of lag - which is very out of character for my baby.
But the next couple times (in the name of science, of course) it felt just fine. Took the girls camping in the Nissan this weekend, and drove FiL to church in his Lexus this AM.
So I'll be taking her out for real a little later today.

Also had a leaky oil-level sensor, dropping oil on the harness. Probably just the o-ring. I had the OFH replaced a couple months ago elsewhere - seems he just reused the sensor. Laziness? They charged a few bucks for the part, but considered the labor "included."
Appreciate 0