View Single Post
      01-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
CanAm135
Rep
Drives: 135i

Problems Resolved and Advice for Others

Hi All,

If you are attempting to replace and code your injectors on your own, here are a few pieces of advice: 1.) Make sure that the software is up to date on your coding device. 2.) Wait about 30 minutes after coding to allow the changes to register in the DME. 3.) Suck it up, get a cable, download INPA, and code the injectors. The handheld Schwaben tool has a much lower barrier to activation as far as learning and using goes, but in my experience it doesn't always work so well. This is just my personal experience, so take it for what it is. I eventually did get the Schwaben tool to allow me to store the injector settings, but I honestly have no idea why it worked on try 7 or 8 vs. try 1. The scientist in me kept thinking of Einstein's quote about insanity being the expectation that things will change when you do the same thing over and over again, but it worked in this case, so go figure.

Also, when replacing ignition coils, make sure that they are firmly seated. Apparently, my rough running/misfire issue was due to the ignition coils not being perfectly seated on the spark plugs. After a quick visit to the local dealership and a $155 diagnosis and repair bill (not bad all things considered) the problem was finally resolved.
Appreciate 0