04-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #11
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Supposedly it does have an oil temp gauge, it's just not a dedicated gauge like the 1M has. Instead, it is selectable through the LCD screen portion of the cluster. Reading through the M2 Competition introduction post, someone posted a picture of their M240i cluster which already has this.
Yes, they all do, but I guess my point is that a competition model focused on competition would have that as a higher priority than a fuel economy gauge.

So I guess the point is that this is a really cool car, fast a little heavier etc. As a car guy I can't help like it but so is the M3 and M4 and M5 and Alfa Quadrifoglio, etc. The new car is just a continuation of the BMW evolution of a little heaver, faster, you don't need a real easy to see gauge. It has cool seats, etc. But for all of this stuff, I think I like the M3 more now. At least it has 4 doors and the idrive and gadgets don't seem as out of place.

So I am being very careful to say, yes cool car, but just more of the same. The 1M was a departure, this is not.
Appreciate 1
champignon1565.50