champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoney135i View Post
How rich are you to own 1m, m2, and m4? like WTF
I was jumped on a few weeks ago for my posts about all the cars I own and certain aspects of my lifestyle, including traveling. It annoyed me at the time especially coming from some people on this forum who I thought were above that sort of comment.

Truth be told, we should be happy in other peoples' successes; they don't diminish us, and they show that if we hang in there and take advantage of opportunities that are all around us, we, may too, succeed. The fact that Bill Gates has 12 houses or Bezos has 14, doesn't make my 1 or 2 any less valuable to me.

Opportunities to advance present themselves to most people over their lifetimes; most don't take advantage of them, and in a few of those cases they will have proven to have missed out. I get pitched investment opportunities all the time; most don't interest me, but I try to listen to every one of them, just in case that I might miss out bigtime because I wasn't willing to even listen. Sometimes the offer doesn't interest me but the person doing the offering does. That usually means (to me) that making that person's acquaintance and checking in with them from time to time, might present another opportunity to me that I should take more seriously. So I do. I'd advise other people here who feel that maybe they are left out to take a few more chances and take more stock of opportunities that we all are presented with, from time to time.

Truly rich people do not post on forums like this. The fact that your 3 M cars would draw attention is really more a reflection of not realizing how much you need to have to really be rich, and that 3 vehicles that in the aggregate wouldn't buy a current model Porsche Turbo, just doesn't represent all that much wealth in the end, anyway.

And who cares? Again, what you have does not diminish what I have, or the value of what I have to me.

I salute you and congratulate your for your success, and maybe some of your success will rub off on me.