09-19-2015, 09:15 PM   #27
bippie999
The One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 m135i coupe sport package

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
We had a thread in the FB group where someone posted their car on a flatbed for water pump failure and no joke 20 more people all posted their cars being towed on flat beds. I am not exaggerating.

Our cars absolutely have issues but they are well documented and can be avoided with preventative maintenance. Do your valve cleaning, plugs every 20k miles, oil changes every 5k, respect your warm up and get a new water pump at around 50k miles.
Good advice. My water pump failed and stranded me at 75,000 miles. Had to flatbed it! I recently decided to do a walnut shell blast cleaning, good thing, the valves were filfthy. Changed plugs at 45,000 under warranty, but I had to replace again at 80,000- so from now on, every 20k. I need to heed your warm up advice, too.

I went this weekend for a custom pro tune of my Cobb Accessport, and when he test my car on the Dyno, it showed I need to replace my low pressure fuel pump, my spark plug coils, and upgrade my fuel injectors.
2008 135i coupe w/Sport Package, aFe cold air, TC Kline DA suspension/Camber plates. AA Charge pipe/BOV, cat-less Downpipes, and AA FMIC. SuperSprint mid-pipes, Cobb V3 AP, and Corsa muffler, Wavetrac LSD, M3 contol arms and bushings + RSFB, Rear Toe-control arms, Front and rear H&R sway bars, shock tower brace, Hawk track pads, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Enkei wheels.
Appreciate 0