01-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #972
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifranklin View Post
Love this!

Pretty sure I’m doing the same but have questions regarding tire size.

So the wheels are 18x8.5 +35, I’m thinking on running 235/40R18 front and 255/35/R18 rear.

I’d like 245s in the front but I feel like that’s a going to be 3 degrees plus of camber?? Would like to keep it under 2. Currently on kw v2 but I don’t think there will be any inner clearance issues.

Lastly anyone know if I could run a square 255/35 if I bought the n5tunner front fenders, says it gives 15mm of extra clearance. But I don’t believe you get that much if you are full lock??

Will be autocrossing the car!

Any input or confirmation is much appreciated! Thanks!
If you are going to be autocrossing the car, you absolutely want the max front camber you can get. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. At -2.9 (the max I could get with my camber plates), the car was pretty good, but when I added the offset bushings to get to -3.6, it was much faster.

To run the 8.5 +35 up front, you are going to need camber plates and probably at least -2.5, potentially more, to make it fit.

The N5tuner fenders are unnecessary for those tires - just make them fit stock. They will render you illegal for a bunch of autocross classes that the car is otherwise really well suited to.

-Mark