View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #148
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

For the record. My comments on Flinchy were based on the fact that he said there were no good customer results. I was not going to find them for him, because I knew that whatever I posted would be questioned by him as he questioned CaptainInsano above on the validity of the dynos. Nothing I could have provided would have been acceptable. This has been my experience on these forums in the past, and I did not want to go down that road. I called him a keyboard warrior, and I have not seen anything to suggest this is not true. In fact now that Drawn exposed his car experience, I am more convinced of that. All his knowledge is gathered from a forum that is heavily biased against Vishnu. It took captain insano a few seconds to locate the info, but Flinchy who claims he is completely backed by facts and always cites his factual source (opinions on that forum are fact???) could not find the true facts. He stated here that no customer car had done over mid 500s, and his stated facts have been proven wrong. He pulled a few parts off an engine, and got all his knowledge from a forum negatively biased towards the product we are discussing, yet he struts his stuff here like he knows all there is to know. This is pretty much my textbook definition of a keyboard warrior.... maybe it differs to other peoples definition.

A quick read of a thread about this discussion on that other forum reveals how biased Flinchy is against Vishnu, which is what I suspected from the beginning, and hence why I refused to get into an argument over customer results which could only end badly for me. It ended badly for me anyway as it turned out. I should have aborted the discussion much earlier.

To be honest, I have been in this industry for probably too long now. I am intolerant of people who claim to know much but know little. I have been through this in many communities other than BMWs. I used to be a lot more tolerant, but I am not anymore. Since the internet and forums started, there are people like this. I do not suffer fools lightly, and unfortunately I argued with a fool. I should have had more patience, because as Kenny stated, I was dragged into the mud by a pig. My opinions on Flinchy are the same, but I should not have responded to it the way I did. Clearly my skills are more oriented at technical than sales and marketing.

That is not to say that I do not have all the time in the world to for people who are genuinely interested. It is just those that think they know better and do not that I cannot tolerate. I also have plenty of time for those who who think they know a lot and actually do. I think DZENNO has some good knowledge and experience, and is objective on a lot of things (though not all). I could have time to have a discussion with him, and I would on that other forum except that the last time I had a discussion there, my posts were edited/removed, so I am not going to waste time posting over there if it gets removed.

Looking forward to Flinchy's inevitable keyboard warrior post. Like a true keyboard warrior, he is incapable of leaving any post he disagrees with without a response to pump himself up. Drawn was the wise on in this thread.

By the way Flinchy... for the second time.... I am NOT a mechanic!!
Appreciate 0