View Single Post
      10-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
WingerRed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Convertible

Upper Oil Pan Leak

2011 135i. TL;DR: Shop says upper oil pan is leaking and quoted $5,800.

Brought the car in for an oil change about 6 months ago and the dealer pointed out that the oil pan was leaking as well as the OFHG. Brought it to my own shop and they found a pretty bad leak from the oil pressure relief valve and fixed that, but held of on the OFHG since the leak wasn't super active. Anyway, brought the car in for the OFHG and the shop said there was a small active leak from the Upper Oil Pan or Oil Sump and quoted me $5,800 for that job as it is pretty time consuming. My question is, has anyone heard of this? The dealer mentioned the oil pan and they didn't quote me anywhere near $5,800. Also, the car has lost about 1/2 a quart since the last oil change.

I got my notice for the airbag replacement, so I am thinking of bringing it in and seeing what the dealer says. Obviously, I'm not going to spend $5,800. I'd get an extended warranty to cover the repair along with the OFHG and anything else that comes up.

I couldn't find anything about this when I did a search so any thoughts or input is appreciated.
Appreciate 0