02-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
turbomg
Acquiring the taste.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzodesh View Post
will shiv be sticking to 335i? or jumping ship again
I think this angle is way over used. Vishnu basically (I'm distilling their business model to the basics for the sake of argument) uses one piece of hardware with several different car/spec specific software programs to do their tuning.

Given those constraints, how much development do you expect them to do for any given vehicle? There will come a point, given the hardware and ECU restrictions, where they simply wont have any more to gain from attempting further development. When they find that point (for any car make/model) they will move on.

"But but but!", you will say, "Vishnu has upgraded their piggyback hardware in the past and seen gains from doing so!"

It is true that as time passes the hardware may improve, and even may be true that revising old programming for the new hardware may see power gains. At this point, though, you will need to remember the market. How many people picking up an Evo or a 335 (or whatever) several years into production (or even after the model refresh) are really going to be interested in the hardcore tuning that Vishnu provides? The enthusiast tuning market replaces cars as frequently as they replace condoms.

The owners who have kept their cars for 6+ years will of course love updates, but since it is "only" software, they will demand upgrades for free. Meanwhile Vishnu could be working on far more profitable upgrades to the 2012 155i (hook me up BMW, you know it would be awesome).
Appreciate 0