View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #1
BaNaNaBoy69
Canada
Rep
Drives: E88

Garage List
Question 1-Series Coding?

Why isn't there anyone doing any coding for 1ers? At least there aren't really any threads or DIYs on the subject on this forum when I searched. It seems more popular on e90post and m3post, too bad there wasn't more of a demand on 1addicts. Coding would be such an awesome mod.

Fom my research so far, BMWhat is a quick and painless way to code and the first smartphone app to do so. In addition, it can check and clear fault codes, and other onboard diagnostics. Although I am tech savvy, I'm apprehensive of how much effort it takes to code using NCS Expert and having to deal with the different files.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on BMWhat but haven't decided whether to get the Android or iPhone version and which OBD2 adapter to get with the respective version. Anyone have any experience with BMWhat? If so, which version did you buy? Where did you buy your adapter and did you have any issues with it?
Appreciate 1