Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticRedRaider View Post
I had this exact same situation happen to me about a month ago. My 135 is under warranty until the end of September. I got in my car at 5pm to leave work and everything was great. Got home and did the normal shutdown. Wife and I left to go to dinner at 6:30pm and all of the car's electronics went crazy. Lights flashing, wipers going and then dying, weird noises, etc.

Called the dealer in the morning and they said to bring it in. Took 20 mins to jump the car and then dropped it off. They ran their diagnostics (did not threaten to charge me for it) and came back with "Unfavorable driving conditions when stationary." WTF does that mean? All dealer could say was that I was doing something while the car was sitting. Then they tried claiming that I don't drive enough miles per year. I drive about 10k so I don't think that was the issue so I asked how many miles per year that I need to drive to avoid early battery degradation. Never received a response from the dealer or BMWNA when I called them.

Anyway, dealer said they would talk with BMWNA and try and get them to cover the battery. They toyed with me for 3 days and finally said they would they would cover the battery under warranty. Dealer would have charged me $550 for a new battery and the coding for a car still under warranty and no evidence I had done anything (which I hadn't).

You just have to be persistent with the dealer and BMWNA otherwise you will be out $550 for something they should cover. I was getting really mad when they would point fingers at each other over who's decision it was to cover the fix, but you just have to stay calm and stand up for yourself.

Hope it gets worked out in your favor!
Thanks for the info. Im being patient with them. Hopefully with all these other reports BMW NA will wont give me trouble. Highly doubt it tho
Appreciate 1