Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com
Our V1 fit the 1 series with no problems here are couple pics (6000k color temperature)
We also have V2 which are double the wattage with a fan built inside for better cooling ( but no pics on a 1 series yet )
Thanks Mike, I'll have a look at the V1s! Do you have any daytime pictures handy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
We have actually sold tons of sets of our LUX H8 V5 angel eyes to uses with 1-series cars and have not had any issues with them. Since they are adjustable color you can set them to a 5000K which will match the eyebrow nearly perfect, or you can choose a cooler color to accent it. all of our lights come with a 1-year warranty and if you run into any issues with installing them i can assist or you can also return them for a full refund.
Thanks for the comment!

I did find several threads illustrating where to place the ballast to avoid the errors, but for the life of me I could not get it to fit correctly. After looking at the LCI headlights when they arrived (with the units out of a vehicle) I can see a few spots where they would likely fit. Regardless I found the ballasts to be too large for my liking and given how difficult the passenger side headlight cover is to re-install correctly I gave up after the 7th try, and several bloody and bruised fingers lol.

Now, with that said I was very impressed with the LUX V4 build quality, flexibility (color changing) and absolutely loved how they looked. Like I said though I just got frustrated with how small the 1er headlights are, and ended up selling the product to a buddy with a 3 series. In hindsight I should have contacted you regarding installation, it slipped my mind. Regardless I would prefer to stick to a system with a smaller ballast similar in size to the V3's as I know these will go in smoothly the first time round. I'm fed up with that passenger side headlight cover haha.

Last edited by 6MT_Addict; 02-09-2015 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0