View Single Post
      08-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #33
BigMoneyWasted
Rep
Drives: 350Z

Couple things to add. Bobby_Light has given some good advice, others....meh.

BCAA's are digested too slowly to do any good at night. They are best taken pre and/or intra-WO.

Skippy has an all natural peanut butter with honey that is friggin delicious and won't separate. Used Shmuker's for a while but by the time you get to the end of the jar it's like concrete. ON Casein is good stuff, I drink it in milk before bed every night. Sometimes I'll add some cheddar cheese or put some EVOO in the shake.

You don't necessarily want a protein shake with no carbs. Carbs elicit an insulin response, protein (especially casein), not so much. If the is little or no insulin to get the protein to your muscles, you could be wasting it. Of course there are exceptions are some people are insulin-resistant and some are insulin-sensitive.

Cottage cheese is an excellent choice for a bedtime meal. Maybe add a scoop of protein to it.

Saying that your body can only digest 30g, or xxg of protein at one time is the biggest crock of hose caca I've ever heard. Everyone is different. You think guys like Cutler and Greene got to 300 pounds eating 8 meals of only 30g of protein. Methinks not.

Also, if you're _serious_ about bodybuilding, or training, I would put down the Men's Health and pick up Muscular Development, or start reading on some online forums. Most of the times, (even in MD), articles are ghost written and the 'good' advice from that 'pro' is just the ramblings of some fat slob behind a keyboard.

Just a few thoughts while skimming this thread.
Appreciate 0