JBizzle135i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Whats all the talk of 400hp?

Even with JB3 set to max it's no more than 370-380 right?

Good time though, although I would have also expected high 12's for remapped 135's, but can understand the loss of traction for the sh1tty RFT's.

There is noticeable difference in 1st traction from stock to remapped, and I really think a stock car will run close to 13.2-13.4 due to it being easier to launch.
I made 385whp on a cold day with just the JB3 and DCI on 93oct and Map 6. Will dyno again once I put my Dp's and FMIC on.

The 13.2 run was on PS2's as I've already ditched the RFTs although I didn't lower the pressure. Traction is a real problem though, but just need to work on slipping the clutch a bit more through 1st and into 2nd I think. I sort of wish I had gone for the auto box now Def gonna get some 17" wheels with DR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
Hiya,

I've never tried anything like this but I'd like to have a go. I've got a 135i with Dinan Stage II, Dinan intercooler, Quaife LSD etc.

What do I need to do? Can I just turn up and run on the strip? Do I need a helmet, racing licence etc? Am I going to look stupid on my first few runs without really knowing how to launch etc ?

Cheers

Jack
If you go to Santa Pod you just turn up on the day with your driving licence and payment and your away. No need for a helmet unless your terminal speed is over 110mph. It really makes no difference if you mess up some runs, it's all good fun and about improving your own time although it is fun to race against the others too

Check out http://www.rwyb.co.uk/ for info.
M235i Auto: Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminium / High-gloss Black Interior, Driver Comfort / Professional Media / Sun Protection Packages, Harman Kardon Hi-Fi, Enhanced Bluetooth, Lumbar & Heated Seats, Adaptive M Sport Suspension
Appreciate 0