02-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
Or people who want to save money, or people who want to enjoy driving cars without killing the planet. Didn't you guys just get slammed by two unprecedented storms? Maybe those eco-crazy people have a point?

OP, there is a way to turn it off. X1 with an N55 sounds like potential for a fun ride.

Sorry, i'd rather spend a few bucks more rather then slowly destroy my motor by turning it on and off constantly. Yeah we got some snow storms, whoopdy freakin do i'm pretty sure they've been occurring here for a long time regardless if we were here or not. What happened to global warming everybody was so sure was happening? I'd be more concerned about nuclear fallout and humans killing each other rather then us destroying the planet.

edit: also a good way to minimize exhaust emissions would be to get more diesels in the US. For some reason the US has put a stigma on diesels that they're the worst thing for the environment when they are more efficient then gasoline engines. My 200hp 360ft/lbs lifted Jeep liberty CRD(2.8 straight 4 turbo diesel from vmmotori) got 25mpg, probably close to 30 if it was stock without all the off road parts.