View Single Post
      08-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #14
Ashtangi
Private
Rep
Drives: 13 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngPhys09 View Post
I hate to say this but big FAIL to you for saying its tooo heavy to lift a steel rim onto the hub. And who really cares about extra unsprung weight on a winter car
I can see your argument - but look at it another way. How long do you have your winter setup on? 5 months? 6 months? You could potentially be using that setup for half the year - half of the time you own your car. Why go for the bare minimum? It's a luxury car, not a Ford - it's a performance car, not just a run-of-the-mill daily driver. And I respectfully disagree about the "look" of steelies; yes, there are a small handful of cars where the steelies look good, but look at the SE KM-11s above - and tell me those don't look great.

And let's be honest - I see you're located in Toronto. So am I, and I can practically count the number of times last year that I drove in actual snow on one hand. We don't get a lot - and unless it's a major storm, it's always cleared fairly quickly. For the less than 10 days that you might be driving in actual snow, I'd be more inclined to go with a kick-ass alloy setup.