Savethestickshift
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiremon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agbellin View Post
I am also super curious....please keep us informed! Please and thank you.
Just finished the install this morning. In terms of the install - the only major surprise was that the unit does not drop straight into the original NAV opening. It required some relatively minor adjustment to the opening but still falls within the footprint of the original so you can go back to stock as needed.

The unit itself - it's a full blown Android computer on your dash. I have spent an hour with it so far. It is a HUGE upgrade from the standard unit - especially if you are somewhat tech savvy and don't mind configuring devices. It's not perfect - I am still working through some minor quirks. You get native Google Maps, WAZE, Spotify, ESPN, Prime Video, etc. right on your dashboard. Not sure I even need Apple Carplay which was my original intent. It does need an internet signal so I have it connected to my phone's hotspot. I would say that is mandatory if you want to maximize the experience.

Once I have it fully configured I will post a video.
Can't wait to see the video. I'm curious how much higher it is than the stock unit. The car is mostly a weekend and track toy so I don't want it obstructing my site lines.
Appreciate 0