07-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #64
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post

I was discussing music with my son yesterday after seeing the movie YESTERDAY about the Beatles. He grew up with every musician having choreographed boy band dancers, fireworks and light shows. He expects that and the concept of 4 young guys just sending on a stage with a drum set, guitar and a bass guitar seemed slow and quaint. So Is Britney better than the Beatles because of all the light shows, videos dancers, etc? To some, it's just about the music.

Anyway, I do think the new GT4 will be better being NA but sadly the rest of the car world is going into the digital age where the show or "experience" matters more than the music.
The Beatles is a terrible example. They WERE the first mass marketed boy band.

Gimme The Byrds, Black Sabbath, Small Faces, Can, Velvet Underground, T. Rex, The Stooges, even The Doors over the Beatles any day of the week.

There have been amazing bands from the 60s through the 2010s it's a shame he grew up watching manufactured music! It's our job as parents to show them the possibilities to prevent this from happening. My 4 yo's favourite band is a current punk band called Institute. Wants to listen to it everyday. Lol

Sorry music rant over—-otherwise I TOTALLY agree with you about the 1M never being replicated again and also that "latest" is certainly not greatest.