View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #6
bobdavisnpf
Hapless Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 135i, '89 E30 vert

AutoSock recommends 1 pair on drive wheels, no mention of using 4 on a 2WD at their site. I've used 2 sets of chains on RWD cars in the past and felt like it made things worse; these might be different, as they're lower mass and thus less likely to take on a mind of their own. Currently $95 a pair on their site or on Amazon.

WA State Patrol allows AutoSock in any "chains required" situation, and studded tires are not an acceptable alternative. AutoSock says they're approved in all 50 states, but WA is the only one I checked.

We're in between "Son Of Return Of SnowStorm" and "Son Of Return Of SnowStorm - Part Deux", with forecasts for "Son Of Return Of SnowStorm Part Deux - The Sequel" on the outlook. Our Michelin Pilot AS3+ set came in this weekend; I got to ski down to Costco on the aged-out ROF summer tires (much to the chagrin and disapproval of my wife), then drove home with considerably better control. The AutoSock will be a lightweight encouragement to tour in times & places we'd otherwise nix. My wife appreciated the AutoSock video shows a woman putting them on, and said yes when she saw it.