View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 12:25 AM   #4
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
I don't think you're getting 40 HP from a 3-stage DISA manifold alone. Maybe that much with headers, too. My car has intake, headers, exhaust, and tune and dyno'ed at 238 max HP - assuming 15% drive line loss, that puts me at 280 HP at the crank, optimistically. The DISA manifold is certainly part of that, but the headers (and of course the tune) play a big role as well.

The other thing to think about is real life. A dyno measures peak HP, so what? What about power delivery in real world conditions? In my opinion, one of the main values of the DISA manifold is that it optimizes power at three distinct RPM ranges such that the power band is significantly broadened. You feel that behind the wheel, more so than peak HP.

I hate to say it, but if you're chasing raw numbers, you bought the wrong car. It will never look as impressive on paper as a 135i, or a million other cars on the road. But a 128i with the right mods can be extraordinarily balanced and responsive, and really be capable of more than most of us are able to take advantage of.
asbrr544.50
Olgeezer1184.50