View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 06:09 AM   #5
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

If you're expecting a mind-blowing difference then this won't be it.. however if this is a road in your upgrade path to what this particular vehicle is fully capable of then yeah it makes sense to do this and is one of the better things to do in order to engage the car more.

Like others have said, after attributing for drivetrain loss and other variables that affect power on many different dyno sheets posted here about 15-20HP is fair to say on this upgrade alone. Couple that with headers, MILVs (silicone tube, a better intake/carbon delete, maybe scoops wouldn't hurt), and a better exhaust set up to funnel all that through and maybe you'll max out at the 40 total.

Smart for getting genuine DISA valves. I did the same thing (got them new from FCPEuro just in case) as well, the only used part I used for the part was the manifold itself.

Yes, like Bob mentioned above me, this car won't give you that out of your pants feeling the N54/55s do BUT you did get this car for a particular reason as many of us on this forum did. I am more than satisfied with the job done and is leagues better than the car was when I first drove it. I did not feel the power come through until I had put a couple of miles/a tank of gas in the vehicle but the car did feel more responsive above 4000rpm. I also did hear the "whooosh" of air flowing through the valves. Cabin sounded a bit more aggressive and throatier and is an overall joy to drive, torque does improve and you feel it especially at WOT. Going full bolt on makes me more than happy at the moment and haven't considered the FI route yet.

Can't report on how the 3SIM feels from bone stock alone as I had gone from stock to AA headers, exhaust and tune to 3SIM and MILVs, StageFP tune in that order tune at the time.
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0