View Single Post
      11-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
Xaeryan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sideways mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed 2.0 View Post
Tires are 225/40/18. It may be that the tires are narrow fitment being winter tires, but I wouldn't go any narrower on this wheel. The tires are pretty stretched (in fact, if you set the wheel down on the floor, the metal at the back of the wheel will touch, rather than the tire).

Fitment is fine with stock suspension. Quality of the wheels is average. The paint has minor imperfections and has already chipped in one spot. The aluminum centering ring/clip design is absolutely infuriating. It took me 3+ tries to put each wheel on the hub before I could do it without the retaining clip popping off--kind of like trying to thread a needle with a fifty pound weight attached to the thread. Overall, I'd say they are slightly less quality than I expected for the price. I had a better experience with the Rota's on my Subaru, which were the same price or cheaper.
Thanks for the quick response, I'm looking at them for winter wheels as well. It's a shame there are imperfections, but I may still spring for them anyway at their current price - none of the other rims offered in that range look very good on the 1 at all in my opinion... I'll let you know if I find any tricks for the hub-centric rings, or alternatively I'll probably rant about fighting with them.
Appreciate 0