08-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #207
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

How many miles on those plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I recently replaced my spark plugs and coil packs on my 135i. I took this time to also replace the pollen filter and run some AC Klima cleaner down the evaporator. I forgot to take pics of that... but it was very simple... I just ran some Klima spray down the interior fan drum - on the passenger side. Once the pollen filter has been removed - the fan is exposed... I just ran the plastic hose down to the fan and ran the fan on HIGH.

Replace the spark plugs is fairly easy. I would suggest you get the special spark plug socket.

I went with a Mahle pollen filter and BMW-Bosch spark plugs bought at a local BMW dealer. I ordered my new coil packs from OEM Bimmerparts. I went with the Eldor coil packs since they are the OE brand that BMW uses.

https://www.oembimmerparts.com/BMW-1...7273ser1kt.htm

When I removed my old plugs I noticed some crud down in those holes... so I taped a 10mm fish tank hose to my vacuum cleaner and used a little non flammable(very important! when using with a vacuum cleaner!!) brake cleaner and suck'd away. You can see that most of the "crud" was gone.

It also helps to have a magnetic wand near by when removing those two rear 6mm hex(allen) screws that secure the pseudo valve cover. For some reason that left rear screw always manages to drop into never never land. Having a telescoping magnet can work wonders!

Also... use a 1/2 six in extension as leverage when removing the old coil packs from the "holes". Sometimes they can be really stubborn!
Appreciate 0