View Single Post
      04-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #213
SamelCamel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
So my car is just hitting 80k miles. I called my dealership, where I have had all service done up to this point (I have the extended maintenance plan, which expires in one month) and asked when/if my plugs and coils have been changed. My plugs were changed in December, but they said my coils have never been replaced.
What is the normal interval for coils? I thought around 50k, but apparently not?

I am considering trying out the MHD tune, and they recommend changing out the plugs and coils first and gapping the plugs to .022. Since my plugs were just done, they don't need replacing, but what is the stock gap? Isn't is around .025?
Do the plugs come preset to recommended OEM gap?

If I get the MHD and replace my coils, I can just re-gap the current plugs.

This should be fun - last time I changed my own plugs was on my '93 Saturn back in college over 20 years ago.
I have the 2013 BMW 135is with the N55 and the stock gap on the Bosch plugs are 0.032. The Bosch plugs come pre-gapped, but it doesn't hurt to double-check if you can without damaging the plug (I used the blade-type gap tool.)

I changed my plugs out just a few days ago (37k miles) and the plugs that were in there may have been fairly new. All plugs were still gapped at 0.032 and looked very clean. The car still hesitates and stumbles when I have the HVAC on. I'm pretty sure it's just over-engineering with the computer trying to compensate for the HVAC system.

-Sam
Appreciate 0