United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M Sport AW3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Here's my cluster now:
Attachment 1849727

It is a 135i cluster that came off a car with 89k miles. I think it was an '08, but I'm not sure, it was $99.

After tearing into it, I found that the EEPROM was the same model (080D0WQ) as was on my 128i's cluster. I then thought, heck, I'll just swap the EEPROMs around since they're the same model, they must communicate and work the same way. They did, and everything worked right off the bat; odometer, tacho, speedo, fuel, but the oil temp needle was indicating the instant MPG.

I then delved into Google, and found a few E90 threads about people wanting to change the MPG gauge into an oil temp gauge. I followed the coding instructions, using Tool32, and ended up with a successful code, and it was all done.

Here's a link to a Google Doc I was typing up for my DIY (which I pretty much just wrote here): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
That's interesting that the 135i cluster acted that way with the oil temp gauge. I installed a 1M cluster into my 128i and everything works as it should, I was lazy and did not do eeprom so I have tamper dot lol
Appreciate 0