View Single Post
      08-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #55
wootloops
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Lime Rock Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
I run the YCW with 8k/16k but i sent them out to be custom valved for it. I like this setup the best I've had on the car. 4k/12k "street" setup they sell is too soft. Maybe for a stance car it would be good. I ran 6k/16k for a while and it was pretty good until I tried 8k/16k. The little bit of extra front spring rate gives you a little more front bump travel without being so stiff that you then need helper springs. I like where the car is at right now but it could be stiffer. I am now running 285s all around. Going to be moving to ohlin's dedicated track soon which is 12k/18k So I am curious to see how that feels... I hear a lot of hype.

Moving from 6k/16k to 8k/16k definitely induced a little under-steer in slow speed corners in autocross. However, the car also slaloms way better now. Driving style matters for sure and you'll need to adjust/re-learn every time you make a change.
Also good info, thanks! I would be ordering them from YCW with the 8k/16k and they would be custom valving them to match. If I remember your other posts correctly, you were one of the early adopters of YCW coilovers, right? How have then been working out with the updated springs?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread Phloozy but I figured this is all somewhat related to the topic at hand lol
Appreciate 0