View Single Post
      10-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #17
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan01 View Post
i don't see my self buying a car any more. lease is much better. and much cheaper.
That really depends on if you can do the following

1) limit mileage to 12k miles per year, and depending on the deal you strike , maybe 15k(but you'll pay more)

1A) is your FICO(Beacon) over 720? - if not, you'll pay more to lease......it is easier to get a favorable car loan % than a favorable lease payment.....

2) keep the car in absolute pristine, original condition, otherwise you'll get hit with excessive wear and tear at lease termination....some things they consider excessive wear and tear include minor scratches, tire wear that is nowhere near replacement condition, scrapes on wheels from hitting curbs,interior stains.

3) Forget about any aftermarket stuff, which is a huge no-no.....that includes engine mods, exhaust, air filters, bumper stickers, and believe it or not aftermarket window tinting

4) It is not unusual to get hit with $2000.00 in excessive wear and tear charges.....sure, if you want to lease another new Brand X vehicle, they will work with you on those charges, but what if you dont want to?....not such a bargain afterall...The only thing for free in this world is your mother's love....dont pay and they'll ding your FICO

I personally like leasing, because I refrain or limit myself to all of the above.....However, your blanket statement above is woefully naive....leasing is not for everyone, and I'd even venture to state not for most.....

I wont be leasing the 135 for reasons that I am giving the car to someone after 4 years......not all cars are lease bargains, but that's a topic for another day.....
Appreciate 0