View Single Post
      05-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvm1990 View Post
Hi all, this is my first post so any help is greatly appreciated!
I've owned a 2011 135i with 25k miles for the past year (N55 engine). Recently, I started noticing that the radiator fan keeps turning on at full speed, sometimes for short bursts and sometimes for quite a while. The car is not showing any signs of overheating (this can happen right after turning it on in the morning) and I checked the water pump and it is working just fine. At the same time, I started noticing that sometimes, when upshifting and right when the new gear kicks in or when pressing full throttle at 2-3.5k revs, there is a massive power loss, as if the turbo was not spooling. At high revs power comes back on. This is not as common as the radiator fan issue, and usually happens only when car is warmed up, but both issues started happening at the same time, so my gut says they are connected. I've taken the car to my mechanic and he says there were no error codes.
I've digged through posts and cannot with someone who had these same symptoms. Any tips on what to check? Thanks!!
Man, I have the EXACT same issues as you, I feel like we're kindred spirits. Same year 135 and everything. I have a loss of power under 3k rpms, car rips above 3k, slowish in any gear besides 1st and 2nd. I attribute this to bad spark plugs after some thread feedback.
About two weeks after this happened, I get the crazy loud fans and I overheated, which I'm assuming is the water pump and thermostat. I don't think they are connected, I just think these cars are fragile and break alot. There are a million potholes on my drive to work, wondering if all the clunking is damaging parts under the hood.