11-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
So this year i decided to be nice to my car and all of its new parts, and put it away for winter. So far been an awful idea as right before it appears my valve cover gasket went. Now fast forward sitting around a month, i went to go check on her, and finish putting her away (pulling battery and such) and i was greeted by all of the coolant now under the car. Im not sure what could have happened while just sitting there, but my reservoir appears to be completely empty.

I haven't had time yet to test anything or really take a good luck but any guesses? I couldn't tell you which part of the engine bay its leaking from either, as its under the entire front end.

Lastly, if it matters BMW replaced the water pump and thermostat about a year ago, so i hope thats not a leading cause.
Definitely go after BMW for partial coverage at least, it sounds to me like a hose let go or a bad clamp popped. Either way that points the finger to recent work done, if there was a bad hose they would've seen it and told you, if they did shoddy work/didn't tighten clamp properly, then it's back on them.
Appreciate 0