12-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #27
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
So you think there's anyone in North America that would pay 20k for a 60k mile 135i?

Well, then, ask the OP out on a date. Match made in heaven!
Note that in my quote, above, I said "pristine low mileage," not 60K miles.

First we would need to define what sort of dollars one is talking about; at the latest exchange rate, in $CAN, I think that's just $5000 or so US, so probably we could find a buyer

Even if we were discussing $USD, I would estimate that approximately 0.000472% of the US population would be cognitively challenged enough to pay $20K USD for this 60K mileage car. Taking the current estimated US population of 327 million, we arrive at (more or less exactly) 1,543.44 dimwits who might be interested. This is without even considering our Canadian friends, who might have a few dimwits of their own to contribute.

The problem would be finding these roughly 1500 people. One suggested strategy might be to do a mass emailing to every email address in the country, sent from a Nigerian prince who has found a fortune belonging to you, but he only requires your banking details in order to show good faith, before he makes the bank transfer.

I would market to people responding to this emailing.