Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
Well, the car finally saw daylight today and moved under its own power after a winter of tweaking. Here is how things have changed over the winter:

BEHIND THE SCENES
3) I kept my last year's ride heights but have tweaked my camber and toe settings. With the stiff rear bar I expect less overall roll angle so have reduced front and rear camber each by 0.2 degrees. At the rear I have gone from a touch of toe out to zero toe.

NEXT
1) Some instrumented skid pad testing to see if I have reduced limit understeer (by the use of a bigger rear bar and by reducing rear compliance steer with the stiffer suspension arms).
2) I am contemplating putting a staggered set of Max Performance Summer tires on my alternate wheels so I can save my sticky rubber for the track. That will let me investigate the effect of staggered tires vs. square on understeer gradient with actual measured data. Anyone interested in crowd-funding that experiment let me know .
Nice work, very interested in the sway bar experiments, still running the OEM front bar from memory? It's interesting to note that @Orb went from the H&R bars to the M3/1M bar rates when running a similar spring rates albeit with KW dampers.

In relation to the staggered or square debate, are you able to test back to back with borrowed rims via your local club prior to investing?
Appreciate 0