View Single Post
      04-25-2021, 11:16 AM   #6
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
Where can I find a bottle of brake fluid in the US that is not DOT approved. Specifically ATE Super Blue. Oh, wait, but for the color it is DOT approved, and because of the color it cant be sold in the US. Which brings me back to my question, where can I find a bottle in the US that is not DOT approved?

I would also like to learn what difference using an old, not stripped retaining screw would make, and what work would have to be done if the screw is bad?
That brake fluid came both as blue and standard colour. You can still get the regular colour version. The ONLY reason why they offered it in two different colours was it made it easier to flush the brakes and be able to tell when all the old fluid was out because you could alternate colours.

Personally, I really like the BMW DOT 4 fluid. Our cars actually call for a Low Viscosity DOT 4 that allows quicker response by the DSC unit so the ABS, traction control and stability control work better, especially in colder temps.

This is another option:

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Brakes/B...42156-Ate.html

Probably the same as the factory fluid. There is zero need for anything else on a street car.

If this is for a track only car, the only thing that should ever be used is Castrol SRF.

Last edited by MightyMouseTech; 04-25-2021 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0