Thread: Will it ....?
View Single Post
      09-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #70
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Will it humble a 335i cab driver and his GF (who had been tailgating my 1M and revving in the left lane - to no avail, as I was in a cruising mood), by deliberately NOT moving an inch for a second or so once the traffic light goes green ? Yes, it will !

As expected, once the green light showed, the nervous 335i sped away with screeching tires in the left lane ...albeit alone. No prizes to win. I slowly accelerated. No idea what the other drivers behind me were thinking when witnessing the scene, but if that obvious dragrace attempt was supposed to be a 'class act', then the first two letters just had been subtly struck out.
Name:  Entertainer.gif
Views: 478
Size:  9.1 KB
Next traffic-lights the 335i is halted again before the red light. A bit of an embarrassing re-meet. Approach at a tantalizing slow pace, parking side by side again, waiting for the lights to turn green again. Briefly exchanged a sheepish "je ne sais quoi" grin. Green light. This time the 335i apparently had become an obedient puppy (or maybe had given up, thinking that I was chicken anyways), no wild take-off, but nicely following the 1M at cruising speed down the big lanes.

...And then, after a mile or so, on a nice straight stretch, ///M mode, you quickly shift from 3rd to 2nd gear, 3500rpm and pedal to the metal. Name:  Byebye.gif
Views: 536
Size:  655 Bytes The End.