houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
houtan I'd just cut them. Rolling is a pain. Heat gun and sander wheel got rid of my goop but didn't gain much with the roll. Supposedly the apex +58 offset doesn't rub the filler.. dunno, I'm getting ready to fit 275 square so we'll see I guess.

I'm going to cut mine and see how it goes

Also I think it's Monroe that make the high density stock height RSMs, but I'm considering gettjng rid of my dinan upper bushes too.
Thanks brother. I am good with cutting them if I can get confirmation the two fenders will not split like in the thread I posted earlier. That is the last thing I want to happen.

it seems like Soterios got a really good roll looking at his pictures. Is your roll like his? That would be plenty for me.

Totally agree dealing with that goop is a pain in the butt.

So I was running a 5mm spacer with my arc8s which puts the offset at 57, about 1.8 degrees camber, Sumitomo htr III 275s. Drivers side was good. Passenger side would catch on the fender lip closer to the front of the lip. I think I can take an angle grinder and shave down the passenger lip a tiny bit and be good. My car is on jack stands until I figure out how bad the tire is hitting by removing the spring and jacking up the suspension until the tire hits the filler.

I actually bought AKG black upper shock bushings. I believe they are stock height, stiff, and priced much better than powerflex. But, my preference would be to fix this without changing anything in the suspension. The extra travel from the shorter shock and dinan bushings is awesome and my car rides really really good.
Appreciate 0