///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
One-touch, as in you don't have to hold the button to get the windows to open or close?
Yes, one-touch as you can close or open all your windows by depressing longer (I think 2 secs) the close/open button on the remote (or for CA cars holding your finger on the door lock longer and it will pull up all windows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
Jim, the coding sounds more intimidating than it is. Once you understand what you're doing, it's a fairly easy process. I'm extremely familiar with the coding of VWs and Audis and so I'm sure that helped my understanding, but the DIY video that's posted in the coding thread over at e90post is very helpful for beginners. Can you screw up the car? Sure, but the easy way to avoid that is to avoid trying to be a pioneer; i.e., only make coding changes that others have tried first.
I was watching the coder, and it was involved. Looks a lot more simple from the side than it really is for one to do it without the proper training, or having it done before, or having someone knowledgeable give you directions while you are doing it. Think of it like window tinting, looks fairly simple from the sidelines but a tough job to execute at your first solo attempt.

I am very familiar with the coding for Audis/VWs, however if you are referring to RossTech's VagCom product, this is anything but that. I did a lot of these items that I now have on the BMW on my Audi, but the software there and GUI is very intuitive and user friendly. It was not this intuitive with the BMW software, not at all actually.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0