10-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesen View Post
Chill out, man - you asked a question, I gave you an answer. Sorry I took my own time to do a google search you could have done yourself to get an answer to a question you were too lazy to find on your own.

And frankly, I don't see this as anywhere near the same thing as the Tolkien or Hendrix family issues - in those cases, people were making money from using things those gentlemen actually CREATED. This new team is not trying to run the Lotus 49 or one of the JPS cars - so Chapman had NOTHING to do with the work being done to field a car in 2010. If you're upset at the use of the name, then you should also be upset that McLaren is using that name - after all, Bruce has passed on and isn't involved today.

Bottom line is, the rights to use the Lotus name belong to different people today than it did before - and they're using it. If you don't like it, root against them, but it won't change the legal aspect.

And for the record - I don't agree with them using Lotus myself, as they are attempting to cash in on the legacy. But that doesn't mean it's not LEGAL for them to do so . . . .

wtf??
u r a konfusing chap
u approach with a snarky 'captain obvious' post .... then argue against my points but in the end agree ??? .... i guess hippocratic insolence still has a place?

btw, the initial 'question' was retorical and meant as a sign of dismay .... but u googled & learned something .... so this worthless thread stands corrected.
Appreciate 0